Continued growth and profit generation
- Net sales increased 4.7% to MSEK 617.0 (589.0)
- Comparable growth amounted to 1.1% (3.4)
- Gross profit increased 6.9% to MSEK 267.6 (250.2) and the gross margin was 43.4% (42.5)
- Adjusted EBITA totalled MSEK 40.8 (51.2) and the adjusted EBITA margin was 6.6% (8.7)
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK 36.4 (22.7) and the operating margin to 5.9% (3.9)
- Net profit for the quarter amounted to MSEK 25.7 (1.3)
- Cash flow from operating activities totalled MSEK 83.4 (49.7)
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 0.83 (-0.63*)
1 January – 30 September
- Net sales increased 16.9% to MSEK 1,846.0 (1579.2)
- Comparable growth amounted to 6.6% (7.3)
- Gross profit increased 14.1% to MSEK 788.9 (691.4) and the gross margin was 42.7% (43.8)
- Adjusted EBITA totalled MSEK 77.7 (100.2) and the adjusted EBITA margin was 4.2% (6.3)
- Operating profit amounted to MSEK 64.7 (54.2) and the operating margin to 3.5% (3.4)
- Net profit for the period amounted to MSEK 39.7 (-3.8)
- Cash flow from operating activities totalled MSEK -29.3 (8.2)
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK 1.27 (-3.09*)
Significant events during and after the end of the quarter
- A new service point was opened in Norway during the quarter. After the end of the quarter, an additional service point was opened in Sweden.
- On 30 August, Kjell & Company announced that it would partner with SkiStar AB, a tourism company that specialises in mountain experiences. The partnership will begin as a pilot project where, starting in December, the company’s products will be available via Kjell & Company Express for consumers at 14 SkiStar stores in Sweden and Norway.
- At the Retail Awards on 6 October, arranged by the Swedish Trade Federation, Kjell & Company won the purchasing experience of the year award for 2022, as voted by consumers.
“Given the challenges that consumers are now facing, our relevance in the market is even more important. Despite an uncertain macroeconomic situation in the third quarter, we continued to deliver a good balance between profitability and growth. Customer satisfaction also improved in the quarter, which is the most important success metric for us”, says Andreas Rylander, CEO Kjell Group.
Webcast in connection with the publication of the interim report
Andreas Rylander, President and CEO, and Niklas Tyrén, CFO, will hold a webcast in connection with the publication of the interim report at 10:00 a.m. on 11 November 2022. To participate in the conference, follow the link https://ir.financialhearings.com/kjell-group-q3-2022.
The presentation material is available on the Group’s website:
The complete interim report for the period January–September 2022 and earlier reports are available on www.kjellgroup.com.